- Project on the hydroxylation of steroids (EFRE funding, TBI)
- Application of transaminases in flow chemistry (financed by the BMBF).
- Investigation of structure-function relationships in the PLP-superfamily of transaminases (funded by the DFG)
- Development of improved lipases by protein engineering (COSMOS), funded by the EU.
- Study of membrane bound enzymes (funded by the DFG, RTG1947).
- Functional analysis of carbohydrate active enzymes (funded by the DFG, FOR2406)
- Directed evolution of enzymes, International Training Network (ES-CAT) funded by the EU.
- Several undisclosed projects with industrial partners.